Webservice Developer Job Description
ipushpull has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Python developer to join our team. The company and the role are remote-first (UK hours) with flexible working to accommodate when required.
ipushpull is an award-winning fintech providing a platform for data-driven growth for companies across financial, commodities and crypto markets. We’re constantly innovating our data sharing and workflow automation platform to help our clients streamline and automate workflows.
Our customers use our service and integrations, such as chatbots and APIs, with other platforms to streamline workflows both within their organisations and with their external clients. The usability, configurability, security and reliability of our platform is critical to its success.
As a Python developer, you will extend our data sharing and workflow automation platform and the RESTful API our clients use to interact with it. You will build integrations with third-party platforms including AI models and chat services. You will be working collaboratively with our front end and DevOps teams to produce a reliable, secure and monitored system. You will also work closely with product and sales to ensure that the solutions meet and exceed customer expectations.
We are looking for creative problem solvers, who have a passion for tackling challenges and coming up with practical solutions. You should be a lifelong learner who is eager and committed to keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
ipushpull is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description.
- Implementing secure, reliable microservices and API endpoints for our webservice using Python
- Designing, implementing and testing high-quality, reusable components from business requirements
- Building integrations with third-party services including AI models and chat platforms
- Continuously improving and enhancing existing components
- Extending and supporting our cloud deployment pipelines
- Reviewing pull requests and taking part in architectural discussions with other software engineers
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years software development experience
- Educated to BSc or MSc level in Computer Science or a related discipline - or equivalent experience
- Experience creating web APIs
- Team player with strong communication skills, empathy, and someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Software/Tools: Jira, Git
- Languages: C# .NET
- Frameworks/libraries: Django, Django REST Framework, NumPy, Pandas, Async IO, Redis, AWS Lambda
- Experience with Large Language Models
- Automated deployment to cloud platforms (particularly AWS)
- Containerised deployment using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with agile project management and test-driven development methodologies
- Financial markets experience
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Remote-first working environment
- Workplace pension
- Equity options
- Career development opportunities
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ipushpull (https://www.ipushpull.com/) is a cloud-based data sharing and workflow automation platform.
We improve workflow efficiency by enabling cross-application secure, audited, access-controlled live data sharing, collaboration, and workflow automation. Our API-first platform handles static, live, and streaming data with APIs, integrations, and connectors into many applications, data platforms and services.
Our customers are primarily financial markets-based and include investment banks, trading venues, asset managers and brokers. We are transforming the way they share information by enabling them and their clients to work with the right data, in the applications they choose, in real time.