Back-End Developer Job Description
ipushpull has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic junior Python developer to join our team.
ipushpull is an award-winning fintech specialising in Data-as-a-Service and Workflow Automation, with customers across the financial markets. We’re constantly innovating our no-code/low-code platform to make their lives simpler and grow our business faster.
Our customers use our service and our integrations with other platforms to streamline workflows within their organisations and with their external clients. The usability, configurability, security and reliability of our platform is critical to its success. You’ll be responsible for enhancing and extending our service, adding integrations to additional platforms and streamlining and supporting our CI/CD pipelines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing secure, reliable API endpoints for our webservice using Python
- Developing, enhancing and supporting high-quality, reusable components from business requirements
- Continuously improving and enhancing existing components
- Extending and supporting our cloud deployment pipelines
- Taking part in code reviews and architectural discussions with other software engineers
Experience and Skills
The right candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, organised, delivery-focused and have the following experience and skills:
- 2+ years software development experience
- Educated to BSc or MSc level in Computer Science or a related discipline - or equivalent experience
- Experience creating web APIs
- Experience with agile project management and test-driven development methodologies
- Team player with strong communication skills, empathy, and someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Software/Tools: Jira, Git
Other Useful skills:
- Languages: C# .NET
- Frameworks/libraries: Django, Django REST Framework, NumPy, Pandas, Async IO
- Automated deployment to cloud platforms (particularly AWS)
- Containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes
- Interest in financial markets
- Salary dependent on experience
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday
- Remote-first working environment
- Equity options
- Training and career development opportunities
Please send your CV to email@example.com
ipushpull (https://www.ipushpull.com/) is a cloud-based Data-as-a-Service and workflow automation platform. We improve workflow efficiency by enabling cross-application secure, audited, access-controlled live data sharing, collaboration, and workflow automation. The API-first platform handles static, live, and streaming data with APIs, integrations, and connectors into many applications, data platforms and services. Our customers are primarily financial markets-based and include investment banks, trading venues, asset managers and brokers.